This comes in the wake of some former and current women’s players on Afghanistan’s national football team making allegations of sexual abuse against the Afghan Football Federation.
You can learn more about the story by viewing the video below.
It took nearly 2 and a half years for action to be taken against former Afghanistan’s football president, Keramuudin Karim, who is banned for life over sexual abuse allegations on 8 June 2019.
Before the ban, Fifa twice suspended Karim, for 90 days and said it had begun investigating the claims in March 2018 but thanks to Guardian article it was revealed that FIFA knew about the issue long before that.
Many of the People in football circles believe that it was too little too late.
They didn’t investigate anyone but the president, They didn’t go any deeper than the top layer.
I’m disgusted with Infantino as a human being, as a leader of our sport. He should not be president of FIFA in my mind. I respect the Women’s World Cup, I respect what FIFA does for football. But I do not respect the way they are governing right now. We gave them a clear and concise opportunity to do the right thing and show that they have integrity.
-Afghanistan women’s coach Kelly Lindsey
Now campaign is started by HRH Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein of Jordan with the objective to stop exploitation Women and girls who play and coach football.
We are attaching campaign video below.
If you want to be part of the campaign you can use the #FearlessFootball or sign Petition on Change.org by clicking here
To read more about the campaign please click here
AFDP Global launched the #FearlessFootball campaign with support from more than 75 figures from within the game. The list of supporters is attached below.
– Michelle Akers: Football Player – Former US International
– Dr. Rimla Akhtar MBE: Member – English FA Council
– Eniola Aluko: Football Player – Former England International
– Yael Averbuch West: Football Player – Former US International
– Jonas Baer-Hoffman: Secretary-General – FIFPro Europe
– Tanya Barron: CEO – Plan International UK
– Erin Blankenship: Co-founder – Equal Playing Field
– Enrique Bonilla: President – Liga MX
– Yann Borgstedt: Founder & President – The Womanity Foundation
– Jamie Carragher: Football Player – Former England International
– Romina Calatayud: Founder & CEO – Girls United Football Association
– JF Cecillon: CEO – AFDP Global
– Aleksander Čeferin: President – UEFA
– Katie Chapman: Football Player – Former England International
– Shimon Cohen: Chairman – The PR Office
– Kat Craig: Founder & CEO – Athlead UK
– Charles Davies: Football Player – Former US International
– Hesterine de Reus: Football Coach & Player – Former Netherlands International
– Moya Dodd: Football Executive & Player – Former Australia International
– Landon Donovan: Football Player – Former US International
– Claudio Echeverria: Head of Development – Cruzados
– Jim Ellis: Manager of Community Sport – Sport New Zealand
– Gustavo Favre: Former Member – FIFA Audit and Compliance Committee; Central Bank of Chile
– Mathieu Flamini: Football Player – Former French International
– Craig Foster: Football Player – Former Australia International
– Robbie Fowler: Football Player – Former England International
– Jürgen Griesbeck: Founder & CEO – streetfootballworld
– Mara Gubuan: Founder – Equality League
– Antonia Hagemann: CEO – Direct Supporters
– Mary Harvey: Football Executive & Player – Former US International
– Emma Hayes MBE: Football Manager – Chelsea Women
– Paul Hijazin: Trustee – AFDP Global
– Nancy Hogshead: Founder – Champion Women
– Gérard Houllier: Football Manager; AFDP Global Ambassador
– James Johnson: Senior Vice President, External Affairs – City Football Group
– Andrew Kamanga: President – Football Association of Zambia
– Harry Kewell: Football Player – Former Australia International
– Pratik Kumar: Founder – Sashakt Foundation
– Kristine Lilly: Football Player – Former US International
– Kelly Lindsey: Football Manager – Afghanistan Women’s National Football Team
– Lori Lindsey: Football Player – Former US International
– Emanuel Medeiros: CEO – Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA)
– Christopher Mihm: Managing Director for Strategic Issues – US Government Accountability Office
– Shabnam Mobarez: Football Player, Captain – Afghanistan Women’s National Football Team
– Victor Montagliani: President – CONCACAF
– Carolina Morace: Football Coach & Player – Former Italian International
– Yuuichiro Nakajima: Member – FIFA Audit and Compliance Committee
– Kely Nascimento: President – Nascimento Foundation
– Heather O’Reilly: Football Player – Former US International
– Cristina Otero: Photographer & Artist – Photographer Image Campaign
– Cindy Parlow Cone: Football Player – Former US International
– Rick Parry: Football Consultant & Ex-Chief Executive – Liverpool FC
– Rajesh Patel: President – Fiji Football
– Vera Pauw: Football Coach & Player – Former Netherlands International
– Mike Penrose: Executive Director – UNICEF UK
– Robert Pires: Football Player – Train French International; AFDP Global Ambassador
– Khalida Popal: Football Manager & Player – Former Afghanistan International; Founder & Director – Girl Power Organization
– Hope Powell CBE: Football Coach & Player – Former England International
– Jawahir Roble: Referee – FA
– Ben Sadler: CEO – Alive and Kicking
– Louis Saha: Football Player – Former French International
– Lloyd Salmons: Marketing and Brand Consultant
– Rebecca Sauerbrunn: Football Player – US International
– Brendan Schwab: Executive Director – World Players Association
– Kelly Smith: Football Player – Former England International
– Rebecca Smith: Football Player – Train New Zealand International; Global Executive Director of the Women’s Game – Copa90
– Ivančica Sudac: Head of International Affairs and Licensing – Croatian Football Federation
– Tashima Kohozo: President – Japan Football Association
– Ravy Truchot: Founder & President – FC Miami City Champions, US Champions Soccer Academy, International Center of European Football
– Sarah Van Vooren: Founder – Atoot
– Amanda Vandervort: Football Fan Engagement and Marketing Expert
– Marion Vayson de Pradenne: CFO – AFDP Global
– Tomaž Vesel: President – Slovenia Court of Auditors
– Rob Williams OBE: CEO – War Child
– Windsor Dato John: General Secretary – AFC
– Minky Worden: Director of Global Initiatives – Human Rights Watch
– John Wroe: Co-Founder & CEO – Street Child United
– Rachel Yankey OBE: Football Player – Former England International.